core.runtime: loadLibrary and unloadLibrary?

Rob T alanb at ucora.com
Thu Jan 10 15:54:40 PST 2013

On Thursday, 10 January 2013 at 20:48:00 UTC, Jacob Carlborg
wrote:
> On 2013-01-10 21:21, Rob T wrote:
>
>> So if I understand all this correctly, I can safely load C
>> plugins and
>> use them reliably, but I cannot yet use D plugins. Correct?
>
> Yes. But as I've said, these functions are only implemented for
> Windows. "dlopen" will work fine on Posix.

OK so these functions are not yet portable as stated in the
documentation, and currently only work for Windows (the docs
should be updated to state this).

I'm using Linux, so that means I have to use the usual dlopen,
dlclose and dlsym? If so, this is at least a start, and I can
safely load C shared libs as plugins.

BTW, where's the portable version of dlsym? Was the omission an
oversight, or left out for a reason?

--rt