Is it possible to use a C multi-threaded lib with D (multi-threading)?

Robert M. Münch robert.muench at saphirion.com
Sat Jan 12 08:41:37 PST 2013

Hi, I have a C library that uses multi-threading and implements a
callback architecture by this. It runs on Windows and *nixes
(pthreads). I would like to use it from D.

I understand that the ABI of D is C compatible, so I would expect that
there shouldn't be any problems with threading as well. Can I somehow
use D's threading features in combination with the libraries C
features? Or is it better to completely keep the two seperate?

Has anyone any experience in mixing D and C in multi-threaded envrionments?

Thanks for the feedback.

--
Robert M. Münch
Saphirion AG