DMD, GDC, LDC [was Re: Ready for review: new std.uni]

David Nadlinger see at klickverbot.at
Mon Jan 14 00:03:13 PST 2013

On Monday, 14 January 2013 at 07:52:49 UTC, Russel Winder wrote:
> LDC is a vehicle for bringing people to D. It would be good to
> get the Debian package updated and actively kept up.

As we have a recent release now: Who do I have to ping about
resurrecting the Debian package? I have never really used any
Debian-based distros (except for some server boxes), so I have no
good idea of how to find a packager and how to best assist with
the packaging process.

I know of the importance of getting an LDC package into Debian,
but it would be much, much easier if somebody who is at home in
both the D and Debian communities (or at least uses a
Debian-based distro on a day-to-day basis) could handle this.

David