DMD, GDC, LDC [was Re: Ready for review: new std.uni]

H. S. Teoh hsteoh at quickfur.ath.cx
Mon Jan 14 08:09:05 PST 2013

On Mon, Jan 14, 2013 at 09:03:13AM +0100, David Nadlinger wrote:
> On Monday, 14 January 2013 at 07:52:49 UTC, Russel Winder wrote:
> >LDC is a vehicle for bringing people to D. It would be good to get
> >the Debian package updated and actively kept up.
>
> As we have a recent release now: Who do I have to ping about
> resurrecting the Debian package? I have never really used any
> Debian-based distros (except for some server boxes), so I have no
> good idea of how to find a packager and how to best assist with the
> packaging process.
>
> I know of the importance of getting an LDC package into Debian, but
> it would be much, much easier if somebody who is at home in both the
> D and Debian communities (or at least uses a Debian-based distro on
> a day-to-day basis) could handle this.
[...]

I'm a Debian developer (a very dormant one ever since I got married,
I'll admit, but nevertheless one). I am rusty with the procedures due to
not having used them for a while, but at least I know where to look and
am familiar with the conventions used. So I'm willing to help. I can
probably even sponsor uploads, if that's what it takes.

If lightning were to ever strike an orchestra, it'd always hit the conductor first.