DMD, GDC, LDC [was Re: Ready for review: new std.uni]

eles eles at eles.com
Mon Jan 14 08:19:47 PST 2013

On Monday, 14 January 2013 at 16:11:00 UTC, H. S. Teoh wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 14, 2013 at 09:03:13AM +0100, David Nadlinger wrote:
>> On Monday, 14 January 2013 at 07:52:49 UTC, Russel Winder
> I'm a Debian developer (a very dormant one ever since I got
> married,
> I'll admit, but nevertheless one). I am rusty with the
> procedures due to
> not having used them for a while, but at least I know where to
> look and
> am familiar with the conventions used. So I'm willing to help.
> I can
> probably even sponsor uploads, if that's what it takes.

Hi,

  I would love to see gdc-4.7 (ie. based on gcc 4.7) in Debian Sid
ASAP (maybe it still on schedule to be included into next Ubuntu
- Raring Ringtail).

  Currently, the gdc package is still at the pre-historic era of
gcc 4.6.3:

http://packages.debian.org/sid/devel/gdc

and Ubuntu follows closely with:

http://packages.ubuntu.com/ko/raring/devel/gdc

while its gcc package is 4.7.2:

http://packages.ubuntu.com/ko/raring/gcc

Many thanks for any implication on that side.