Exceptional coding style

bearophile bearophileHUGS at lycos.com
Mon Jan 14 15:48:13 PST 2013

mist:

> I am most unpleasant with vertical space point. Times when
> screen space was that important are long gone - I generally can
> understand less at once than can possibly fit with 9th font
> size on 24 inch screen.

I prefer a larger font and less wasted lines.
The very very airy style of C# coding worsens my code
understanding.

> And extra vertical spaces are like semantic formatting tools
> for plain text - can group related blocks perfectly and speed
> up reading.

The idea of not wasting lines doesn't go against the idea of
adding blank lines to create code paragraphs. When you are adding
a line to divide chunks, you are not wasting vertical space, it's
a well used line :-)

Bye,
bearophile