Exceptional coding style

H. S. Teoh hsteoh at quickfur.ath.cx
Mon Jan 14 16:13:12 PST 2013

On Tue, Jan 15, 2013 at 12:57:17AM +0100, Timon Gehr wrote:
> On 01/15/2013 12:26 AM, mist wrote:
[...]
> >- I generally can understand less at once than can possibly fit with
> >9th font size on 24 inch screen.
>
> In my experience, the screen is always too small. I prefer font size
> 12 though.
[...]

I use font size at least 15. :-P Well, it depends on what resolution I'm
running at.  For 1280x1024, I use about 15. For my home PC running at
1600x1200, I use 18 or 20. I find anything less than 14 straining on my
eyes, and anything below 12 painful.

I'm a stickler for 80 column text terminals. I find that anything much
larger than that tends to be unwieldy because your eyes have to scan too
far a horizontal distance per line. And I like the 80 columns to fill
the entire width of the screen. (I have stopped believing in tiling or
overlapping windows. Maximize everything FTW.)

But then again, I don't expect anyone else to share my peculiar
configuration.  :-P

MS Windows: 64-bit overhaul of 32-bit extensions and a graphical shell
for a 16-bit patch to an 8-bit operating system originally coded for a
4-bit microprocessor, written by a 2-bit company that can't stand 1-bit
of competition.