Function scope arguments

bearophile bearophileHUGS at lycos.com
Tue Jan 15 02:07:01 PST 2013

deadalnix:

> I still have some trouble to figure out the proper definition
> of it. And what can't be defined clearly is probably not
> understood enough to create a feature.

While "scope" is probably not the most important feature to work
now in D (const/immutable issues, and shared issues are possibly
more important), it's one of the important unfinished parts of D.

It needs a design, and later a partial implementation. Being a
core language issue I think "scope" is more important than
optimization issues, like this one:

https://github.com/D-Programming-Language/dmd/commit/4b139c0a217ccbf3c71a0d993eb6e3556254de60

Bye,
bearophile