Exceptional coding style

Wyatt wyatt.epp at gmail.com
Tue Jan 15 10:17:27 PST 2013

On Tuesday, 15 January 2013 at 16:51:34 UTC, Russel Winder wrote:
> I really cannot understand the obsession computing people have
> with
> using monospace fonts, I just assume it is a hang over from the
> line
> printer era which created a mindset that most people do not
> challange.
> As soon as computers moved from 80x24 terminals to editors with
> pixel
> based accuracy and nice fonts I ditched all use of monospace
> fonts.

It's not strictly a computing thing; I've known a few editors who
won't work on manuscripts with a proportional font either.
(Though I suspect you're familiar with the classic manuscript
style guidelines.)  Personally, I find monospace makes it much
easier to make glyph distinctions and spot errors.