Exceptional coding style

Rob T alanb at ucora.com
Tue Jan 15 17:29:22 PST 2013

On Wednesday, 16 January 2013 at 01:03:36 UTC, Peter Alexander
wrote:

> There's nothing stopping a more superior method from still
> using the keyboard.
>
> What amazes me is how much language complexity is added just to
> make text editing more bearable.

I agree, and consider this discussion as being a part of that
complexity. We're accomplishing nothing of much importance really
by aligning columns and adjusting font size, it's arcane.

I've even invented my own a naming convention to try and make
text coding more bearable and efficient, but it had only limited
success. I tried various IDE's but none of them seemed to make
much difference, it's still text after all.

There are however some advantages with using text to construct
programs, such as the extreme compactness and near universal
compatibility with any text editor, however I highly doubt it is
the most efficient or effective means of building software
systems. The lack of innovation in this area is rather
bewildering.

--rt