DConf 2013 Call for Submissions: deadline on January 28

John Colvin john.loughran.colvin at gmail.com
Tue Jan 15 18:21:31 PST 2013

On Tuesday, 15 January 2013 at 15:55:46 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu
wrote:
> Hello everyone,
[snip]

> Andrei

I have a few ideas of some talks e.g.

a 5-10 min beginners crash course on eponymous templates in d,

a short talk discussing the easy speedups of simple scientific
codes using std.conurrency, std.parallelism and vector operations
etc. and comparing them to their (at least visually) hideous and
often non-portable equivalents in c.

The problem is, I live in the UK. It would cost upwards of $800
for flights alone, which is way outside the sort of money I can
afford to spend at the moment, so I don't see it happening. As a
future note, east coast USA would be a lot easier for us
Europeans.