Shadowing of members

bearophile bearophileHUGS at lycos.com
Wed Jan 16 03:50:17 PST 2013

mist:

> Yes and this is the very difference between compiler and static
> analysis tool, in my opinion. Compiler should never ever reject
> valid use cases, it does not matter how small chance of meeting
> those is.

In most cases debugging is an inherently statistical thing
because large programs always contain many bugs. In programming
life you can't work with absolutes, you should look at the
probabilities too.

> Also I am not Walter and second question has probably been
> targeted wrong :)

Walter time is probably better spent elsewhere. If you have
understood well what Walter meant, you should be able to write
that a counterexample in that enhancement request.

Bye,
bearophile