Shadowing of members

David Nadlinger see at klickverbot.at
Wed Jan 16 08:58:12 PST 2013

On Wednesday, 16 January 2013 at 12:53:05 UTC, mist wrote:
> On Wednesday, 16 January 2013 at 12:05:49 UTC, Jacob Carlborg
> wrote:
>> Clang contains a ton of warnings for code that could contain
>> common errors. […]
>
> Well, that is probably the only thing I hate in Clang :)

Actually, I found GCC to be much noisier in this (-Wall -Wextra)
case; the Clang warnings are mostly of pretty good quality.

> Also, I can't imagine a single valid use case for unreferenced
> variables in C/C++, so it is a bit different.

Variables only used as parameters to assert(), in release builds.
This is somewhat annoying, as there isn't already an #if-block
you could move them into, as for other similar cases involving
conditional compilation.

David