Exceptional coding style

Mehrdad wfunction at hotmail.com
Wed Jan 16 19:10:41 PST 2013

On Wednesday, 16 January 2013 at 22:29:10 UTC, Marco Nembrini
wrote:
> On 16.01.2013 20:07, Mehrdad wrote:
>

>> When you have a ton of similar lines of code which need to be
>> edited in
>> parallel, lining them up lets you edit all of them in one
>> keystroke.
>> Saves me quite a lot of annoying editing in the long run,
>> actually.
>
> With Sublime Text you don't even have to align columns to do
> multiple simultaneous edits, just ctrl + click to create
> multiple cursors and then type/edit away. It has a lot of nice
> features :)

Uh, you sort of missed the point...
The point was that you align similar-looking lines when /writing/
the code, so that it's in the right form when you need to modify
it later, and all you need to do is Alt-Click-Drag to create 20
cursors, and type away.

Or to put it another way: the whole point is to turn an O(n)
operation into an O(1) operation. If you have to make O(n)
cursor-additions then you've defeated the whole purpose.

That said, what you mentioned is not just a Sublime feature...
I use SciTE which does exactly the same thing. =P