Exceptional coding style

Era Scarecrow rtcvb32 at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 16 23:26:16 PST 2013

On Thursday, 17 January 2013 at 06:52:39 UTC, H. S. Teoh wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 17, 2013 at 06:28:30AM +0100, deadalnix wrote:
>> We are using writing to communicate between people for
>> thousands of year now. This is clearly the most efficient way
>> to express idea, including to a computer.
>
> Not to mention, linear writing developed *from* 2D drawings.

  Somehow what seems like would work good is a card-file system.
Assuming the order of functions/declarations don't matter and you
let the editor deal with where it places things (say,
alphabetically or by attributes like private, pure, etc), then
having a partial 3d view where you can flip through various
function definitions & header documentation, then open only the
function(s) of interest in question, hiding anything unrelated.
If there's anything global or variables it accesses those could
be listed too along with their type, and perhaps where the type's
definition comes from for reference; and any functions it calls
along with others with the same overloading name.

  Hmmm really wish I could do more Art/3d stuff...