DConf 2013 Call for Submissions: deadline on January 28

Dejan Lekic dejan.lekic at gmail.com
Thu Jan 17 01:27:10 PST 2013

On Wednesday, 16 January 2013 at 11:02:37 UTC, mist wrote:
> On Wednesday, 16 January 2013 at 10:42:56 UTC, Philippe Sigaud
> wrote:
>> One day, we could organize a D conference in Europe :)
>>
>> There seem to be a good number of people from Europe here.
>
> Please do! :) Btw do we have someone from European D community
> here, who is familiar with conference organization nitpicks and
> can guide interested ones?

There will be a conference in London. I have already talked to
some people from UCL last year because almost all my professors
(back from when I was studying at KCL) are now part of the CREST
research team @ UCL ... More about CREST:
http://crest.cs.ucl.ac.uk/

Originally I was thinking about organising it in October 2012,
but I am extremely busy lately so the plan failed. I did not even
think about doing it this year though because of the DConf...

Anyway, I can almost guarantee that there will be a D conference
in London at some point. And we (my friend from CREST and I) will
try hard to make it more about D and related projects (say
libraries) in computer science.

Regards