DConf 2013 Call for Submissions: deadline on January 28

Mike Parker aldacron at gmail.com
Thu Jan 17 02:21:10 PST 2013

On Wednesday, 16 January 2013 at 21:19:33 UTC, Era Scarecrow
wrote:
> On Wednesday, 16 January 2013 at 18:55:03 UTC, Jesse Phillips
> wrote:
>>
>> $800 for round trip? Why can't I get that to Japan!!
>
> I remember there was like $300 for a round trip which happened
> to have a stop in japan where I bought a kimono; But I was in
> Korea (and the military) at the time...

That must have been in the 90s. I've been in Korea for 22 years
now (lost my military discount on tickets long ago) and ticket
prices right now are the highest I've ever seen them. I'm looking
at $2400 for a round-trip to Atlanta next month and am seriously
considering a flight with three layovers instead. Three years ago
the same flight at the same time of year cost me $1600. I haven't
looked into prices to Seattle yet as my schedule likely isn't
going to allow a trip to DConf (unless I get extremely lucky).