Exceptional coding style

mist none at none.none
Thu Jan 17 03:04:54 PST 2013

Well, initially it was just a harmless joke about some unique D
features. It is digitalmars.D newsgroup after all, no idea why
you have taken this so seriously.

But well, if you want to take this seriously, then I need to
state that I can't agree with "Only if the increase in ugliness
is worth the ease of editing.". Prevention of copy paste is
always worth any additional ugliness or incomfort it brings to
programmer. Because as programmer count and program support
lifetime grows any copy-paste is almost doomed to become a bug.
And ugly code is just ugly. Being ugly is not a bug.

I am using C-macros of preventing copy-paste all the time, by the
way, when coding plain C. This is our general team policy. And
despite C macros are so bad, in the end of the day it is still
worth it.

It is sometimes a rather complex task of using generic toolchain
properly, though - I am sad that because of widespread prejudice
overall average level of meta-programming culture is rather low
and can result in what you have called
MyClassOperatorMixinTemplate.