short praise

H. S. Teoh hsteoh at quickfur.ath.cx
Fri Jan 18 10:37:52 PST 2013

On Fri, Jan 18, 2013 at 07:21:41PM +0100, Rob T wrote:
> On Friday, 18 January 2013 at 15:50:02 UTC, Johannes Pfau wrote:
> >Am Fri, 18 Jan 2013 16:45:09 +0100
> >schrieb "Stephan" <stephan80 at mac.com>:
> >
> >>One brief question:
> >>Having just updated to dmd 2.061, I see that 2.062 is released,
> >>but it is not on the website. Is that on purpose?
> >>

> >2.062 hasn't been released yet. I guess you got that impression from
> >the changelog on dlang.org? It's actually the changelog that's wrong,
> >not the download page...
>
> Yeah I noticed that too. I guessed that it was there to inform
> people what's coming next. If that's the intention, I think it's a
> very good idea, but it should be explained better, and we really
> REALLY need access to periodic snapshots of the beta package on the
> download page so that the users of D can easily test the next
> release before it gets released. I already want to try out some new
> things but the pain of installing from source is putting it off.
[...]

What OS are you using? Installing from source is actually very easy on
Linux (and other Posix OS's).

	http://wiki.dlang.org/Building_DMD

(Very easy, compared to installation of other toolchains, like GCC,
which is a royal pain in the behind to build from source. And that's an
understatement.)

MACINTOSH: Most Applications Crash, If Not, The Operating System Hangs