Focus

Miles Stoudenmire miles.stoudenmire at gmail.com
Fri Jan 18 23:23:17 PST 2013

Here is a helpful discussion on stack overflow about whether friend in
C++ breaks encapsulation:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1093618/how-does-the-friend-keyword-class-function-break-encapsulation-in-c

Also an article on encapsulation by Scott Meyers:
http://www.drdobbs.com/cpp/how-non-member-functions-improve-encapsu/184401197

Basically I think the consensus is that encapsulation != everything is
private. Also I like Meyer's point that encapsulation is a means, not
an end.

--
   -=Miles Stoudenmire=-
   miles.stoudenmire at gmail.com