Focus

bearophile bearophileHUGS at lycos.com
Sat Jan 19 02:02:44 PST 2013

Andrei Alexandrescu:

> I agree with the sentiment but let's not use oblique rhetorical
> questions to drive a point.

Those questions aren't fully rhetorical because I don't know
those answers and I'd like to know. I don't know why Walter
thinks removing bit intrisics is more urgent than working on
designing/implementing "scope" or similar things, I don't know
why D1 development isn't discontinued yet (and I don't know why
the pull requests are merged according to a mostly LIFO pattern),
and so on.

> Allow me to extend again the invitation to participate to the
> development by contributing code.

Given the many factors in this equation, I think my time is
better spent elsewhere, teaching D to people in Real Life,
showing D solutions to people in sites (like:
reddit.com/r/dailyprogrammer/ ), writing D examples/tutorials in
various sites, etc, because there's no point in creating a
language that no one knows about.

This page shows many missing D programs, I invite people here to
fill some of those blanks:

http://rosettacode.org/wiki/Reports:Tasks_not_implemented_in_D

Bye,
bearophile