Focus

SomeDude lovelydear at mailmetrash.com
Sat Jan 19 10:43:41 PST 2013

On Saturday, 19 January 2013 at 11:52:52 UTC, Russel Winder wrote:
> On Fri, 2013-01-18 at 21:21 +0100, bearophile wrote:
> […]
> (*) Groovy managed to use a 6 year rather than 10 cycle to real
> usability, but it was only when SpringSource bought G2One and
> started
> putting resource into Groovy that it really took off. With
> Canoo backing
> it and one or two USA consultancies, it rapidly became the
> dynamic
> language of choice and actual use on the JVM.  The similarities
> between
> D evolution and Groovy evolution are quite interesting (**).
> Groovy has
> made the jump to organizational respectability. D needs to do
> the same.

This opinionated piece of opinion agrees:

"What about D as a replacement for C?

It's not there for the same reasons as Go. It's possible that
someday it will be suitable, but I'm less optimistic about it
strictly from a momentum perspective, it doesn't have a big
backer like Google and doesn't seem to be growing very rapidly.
But perhaps it will get there someday."

http://damienkatz.net/2013/01/follow_up_to_the_unreasonable.html