ACCU 2013 and D

Paulo Pinto pjmlp at progtools.org
Sun Jan 20 03:43:25 PST 2013

Am 20.01.2013 12:16, schrieb Jacob Carlborg:
> On 2013-01-20 11:46, Paulo Pinto wrote:
>
>> Modules already here. C++ might get them, if ever, around 2020. Who
>> knows how the computing landscape will look then.
>
> Clang has already started to implement them.

They are still experimental and who knows if the standard will ever get
them.

The last time I did a 100% fully new C++ project was back in 2005. Since
then I have replaced quite a few "legacy" C++ applications by JVM/.NET
based solutions.

Will modules be part of C++17?

Will anyone care about C++17 or will it be like ISO Extended Pascal or
COBOL 2002? Standards that no one cares to implement.

It is 5 years until 2017, now look back at the IT industry for the past
5 years and imagine a similar set of changes.

--
Paulo