ACCU 2013 and D

Era Scarecrow rtcvb32 at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 20 10:58:11 PST 2013

On Sunday, 20 January 2013 at 18:10:47 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
> On 1/20/2013 1:15 AM, Russel Winder wrote:
>> Thanks in advance for any input. Attribution of sources if
>> appropriate will be given unless people prefer anonymity!
>
> SFINAE vs static if

  Substitution failure is not an error. Wasn't that where if the
template use/instantiation failed it would go onto the next one
(and hope one of them worked)? Although it could work assuming
you have enough templates to handle the cases, being able to
determine if they quality (as in D) is a superior solution.

  Reminds me... Wasn't there a problem with the min/max in C++
where to correctly make it work there was some 90+ templates for
the STL? (I think it was rejected). Makes you wonder sometimes
what they are thinking when they decide this stuff.