Mac OS installer

Jacob Carlborg doob at me.com
Mon Jan 21 01:56:30 PST 2013

On 2013-01-21 09:41, Elias Zamaria wrote:
> If Xcode is required to run DMD, then how did you make that custom
> installer for 2.060 that I installed without Xcode? If I already have
> GCC installed, why doesn't the installer work? What does that have to do
> with Xcode?

Xcode is not needed to run the installer. Nothing special is needed to
run the installer. But GCC is needed to compile using DMD. The installer
doesn't work because it's built for Mac OS X 10.7 and later. I've create
a pull request to make the installer work on earlier versions as well.
It has been merge. But they need to rebuild the installer and upload a
new one. I don't know if this has been made yet.

--
/Jacob Carlborg