Focus

eles eles at eles.com
Mon Jan 21 05:32:34 PST 2013

On Monday, 21 January 2013 at 13:16:03 UTC, Peter Alexander wrote:
> On Monday, 21 January 2013 at 12:55:36 UTC, eles wrote:
>> On Saturday, 19 January 2013 at 01:35:58 UTC, Walter Bright
>> wrote:
>>> On 1/18/2013 4:55 PM, Andrey wrote:
> - Lots of languages don't have access control at all, yet
> somehow people use them without problem.

Lots of languages do not even have classes. Lots of languages do
not even have functions. Lots of languages are... assembler.

> - As far as I can see, the DMD source has very few private
> variables, yet very few (if any) bugs are caused by people
> messing up other people's variables.

In the beginning, C++ programs had very few bugs. Then, real
coding in C++ happened. BTW, DMD (not phobos) source is C++
(https://github.com/D-Programming-Language/dmd/blob/master/src/arrayop.c),
not D.

> - If you have one class per module, D is no different to
> C++/Java/C#.

Yes... And if you define:
struct var *p2=new_from_data(p1->a, p1->b, p1->c);
then you have a copy constructor... Straight, isn't?