D popularity

eles eles at eles.com
Mon Jan 21 06:12:29 PST 2013

On Monday, 21 January 2013 at 08:09:45 UTC, Jonathan M Davis
wrote:
> On Monday, January 21, 2013 08:52:23 Rob T wrote:
> You can already do that. Assuming that dmd is installed in the
> right place,
> you can make your source file executable, put #!/bin/dmd at the
> top of it, and
> then run it. It'll be compiled and run. It's not interpreted,
> strictly
> speaking, but given how fast D compiles and how fast D code
> runs once it's
> been compiled, it'll be plenty fast.

I have been always curious how the debugging occurs in that case?
You need to go through gdb? Then, this is a real difference wrt
an interpreted language, where the interpreter can be used
interactively to examine variables in a given state.

D "script" seems to not allow that.