Dimensionality of program code

Stewart Gordon smjg_1998 at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 21 16:03:44 PST 2013

On 21/01/2013 09:47, Jeff Nowakowski wrote:
<snip>
> Sure I can. Just serialize the picture into ones and zeroes, as happens
> all the time on a computer. The computer doesn't care that it's been
> serialized, and can operate on it as is. However, the user cares about
> the 2D visualization, just like the programmer cares about indentation
> and line breaks.

So in your mind, a 2D image is not a picture, but just a representation
of one?  And if you cut that image up into 5 rows of 6 blocks, rearrange
them into 3 rows of 10 blocks and glue them together, the result is the
picture as much as the original is?

You can choose to believe that if you want.  But most people wouldn't.

Stewart.