D popularity

H. S. Teoh hsteoh at quickfur.ath.cx
Mon Jan 21 19:14:16 PST 2013

On Mon, Jan 21, 2013 at 11:20:44PM +0100, Thiez wrote:
> Nick, Teoh, what exactly do you guys hope to accomplish with your
> current discussion? What if someone who comes from a dynamically
> typed language wants to check out D and reads that vitriolic crap
> the two of you are spewing? I'm sure they'll feel very welcome
> knowing that what appears to be the D community thinks their current
> language of choice (which may simply be because it is the only
> language they have gotten a chance to learn) is cancer and a plague,
> that they are a fool, a dumbass, not a real programmer, and are
> guaranteed to write garbage. They will turn around and never return.
> And they'd be right. Why would they want to become part of a
> community that actively hates and despises them?
[...]

Let me set the record straight. I was merely writing my evaluation of
languages that I have tried before, and I never intended to attack
anyone personally. If I did, then I apologize. Criticizing a language
does not equal attacking the people associated with it. But avoiding
personal attacks does not exclude criticizing a language for what I
perceive as its flaws.

Microsoft is to operating systems & security ... what McDonalds is to gourmet cooking.