D popularity

Rob T alanb at ucora.com
Mon Jan 21 22:37:53 PST 2013

On Tuesday, 22 January 2013 at 04:22:16 UTC, Knud Soerensen wrote:
[...]
> == online documentation ==
> When I returned to D I felt very frustrated with D online
> documentation.
> After looking for root of the feeling i found that the reason
> was that
> I was used to the documentation of php.
> In php each function have a page of it own. (Closely resembling
> the unix
> man page)
> This means that if I search for "php strip" google send me to
> http://php.net/manual/en/function.trim.php
[...]

Check out the new experimental on-line documentation.
http://vibed.org/temp/d-programming-language.org/phobos/std/range.html

You can put in user comments too.

Still not as good as it can be, but it's a big improvement over
the existing documentation.

The important thing is that D seems to always be improving, and
the community is very active.

--rt