Trust about D programming.

Robert jfanatiker at gmx.at
Tue Jan 22 03:45:48 PST 2013

Well I could name slicing and meta programming (templates, traits,
mixins). But in reality it is more the feel of the language. It is easy
to read, (in D I even understand programs written by other people!), it
is powerful. Due to its meta programming techniques it has much of the
power typically only found in dynamically typed languages, but with the
safety and speed of compiled, statically typed language.

Typically when a language becomes powerful, it also becomes complex and
hard to learn, I think D did a really good job in being one of the most
powerful languages out there but still being "easy" to learn and
understand, in particular easy to read. The concepts are sound and well
thought of.

It is fun to use it.

The down side is, that it is far less mature than C or C++.

One of the things that convinced me, was slices and the way the GC is
put to good use. Things that make me stick to it, are the meta
programming capabilities, its power and its design.

Best regards,

Robert