Why D is created?

dennis luehring dl.soluz at gmx.net
Tue Jan 22 03:50:44 PST 2013

Am 22.01.2013 11:20, schrieb MMj:
> On Tuesday, 22 January 2013 at 10:14:52 UTC, dennis luehring
> wrote:
>> Am 22.01.2013 10:53, schrieb MMj:
>>> Why D programming language is created and what is the most
>>> features?
>>>

>> what is your background - C/C++?
>>
>> read the language specs on dlang.org to get a feeling about
>> reasons for creation and features
>
> Hello Dennis.
> Thanks very much for your guidance.
> Yes I'm a C\C++ programmer. Are you an expert in D? Why you
> thought C\C++ not good?

you know its weakness if you're an experienced C/C++ developer - D is
just more expressive in template,generic programming, combining
procedural,oop,and functional programming etc. in short a very clean C++
(nearly) without its weakness-es

but beware D isn't better than C++ just because of its standard librarie
- its not like Java or C# were you got a hell of helper classes around

why are you looking at D? did you reach the end of your C++ journey -
used STL, Boost to the end and want to see whats beat that in quality :)