Internal and external iteration, fibers

Jacob Carlborg doob at me.com
Tue Jan 22 04:05:16 PST 2013

On 2013-01-22 12:00, Daniel Murphy wrote:

> It depends how much information is in the AST you give the user.  Just
> syntax?  Types?  Full semantic information?
>
> Of course you can transform the internal AST to the user AST, but the more
> information the closer this gets to forcing the compiler to use the user
> AST, or support two ASTs internally.

I watched a talk about AST macros in Scala. He said it was a fairly
small change to the compiler to implement. Around 1k lines of code. The
AST introspection was already there in the form of runtime reflection.

I don't expect it to be as easy to do in DMD. Although Don has said it
would be pretty easy to expose the internal AST to the user.

--
/Jacob Carlborg