[OT] Walter about compilers

Era Scarecrow rtcvb32 at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 22 23:57:37 PST 2013

On Wednesday, 23 January 2013 at 07:33:22 UTC, eles wrote:
> On Wednesday, 23 January 2013 at 06:22:55 UTC, Philippe Sigaud
> wrote:
>> With D, we aim for one bug every 14 lines of code :)
>
> Add to that the fact that programs in D tend to be shorter than
> their C or even C++ equivalents!

  Less boiler plate code, fewer direct pointers, no preprocessor
macros. Code that might have ambiguities based on order of
priority force (or sternly warn) you to use parentheses for what
you intend rather than a set of long complex rules. Templates
easier to make and use (needing fewer of them). No header file(s)
(and all the duplication or annoying separation that comes with
it). Assignment in certain locations are illegal. Oh yes, no ugly
STL, and a lot more.

  Plenty of stuff that simplifies a whole lot of stuff. D is
indeed the language I always wanted :)