Make dur a property?

Nick Sabalausky SeeWebsiteToContactMe at semitwist.com
Wed Jan 23 10:57:32 PST 2013

On Wed, 23 Jan 2013 19:40:02 +0100
"Adam D. Ruppe" <destructionator at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wednesday, 23 January 2013 at 18:24:22 UTC, Johannes Pfau
> wrote:
> > This sounds OK, but you can still run into the callable issue
> > if a normal function returns a callable.
>
> I don't think so because delegates require the parens to call
> anyway, and so do opCall objects (without the parens, it is just
> a reference to it).

So you want it to work like this?:

    void foo() {...}
    void delegate() {...} bar;

    foo; // call it
    bar; // don't call it

Yuck.

It's already bad enough that we have this goofy mess:

    int func() {...}

    void foo(int a) {...}
    void bar(int delegate() dg) {...}
    template baz(alias a) {...}

    foo(func); // Calls func
    bar(&func); // Doesn't call func, just refers to it
    baz!(func); // Doesn't call func, just refers to it
    baz!(&func); // Error

WTF?