Internal and external iteration, fibers

Russel Winder russel at winder.org.uk
Wed Jan 23 13:13:00 PST 2013

On Wed, 2013-01-23 at 15:15 -0500, Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
[…]
> Given the richness of today's D, I'd say AST macros are not part of the
> mythical plan.

Works for me.

The issue is only whether there is an idiomatic expression for a given
style. For me currently D has everything I need that C++ makes
difficult.

The difficult tension for me is JVM vs. native. On the JVM I have
Groovy, Scala, (Ceylon, Kotlin, JRuby, Jython, Clojure), even Java,
which is an interesting milieu. Natively there is  C, C++, D, Clay,
Rust, Haskell which makes for fun tensions.

The core problem is how to make D appealing to C and C++ programmers.

--
Russel.
41 Buckmaster Road    m: +44 7770 465 077   xmpp: russel at winder.org.uk