D for scientific computing

Alan geouke at gmail.com
Wed Jan 23 14:39:03 PST 2013

I saw an old thread from 2004 while doing a google search that
discussed D and scientific computing and was looking for some
more recent information or opinions from people who have used it
for such purposes.

I am a graduate student and my thesis work is in numerical
modeling. While I have some experience using Fortran and C, I am
not obligated to use any particular language for my work. I like
the design goals behind D and the syntax. I was would like to
know if D can compete with C or Fortran for numerical work.

Is anyone out there using D for heavy numeric work?