Make dur a property?

Brad Anderson eco at gnuk.net
Wed Jan 23 18:17:48 PST 2013

On Wednesday, 23 January 2013 at 23:39:50 UTC, Andrei
Alexandrescu wrote:
> We need a good DIP on this. [snip]

DIPs are good in theory but I think the process really needs to
be formalized.  In the past 3 years there have been thirteen DIPs
with only one being approved and implemented.  Perhaps 12 of
those really weren't good enough to pursue but, upon looking at
some of the proposals I really like, I think it's probably more
the case that they get proposed and then the community forgets
about them.  DIPs seem to be the place where good ideas go to die.

I think just applying the phobos module review process to DIPs
would help a lot (although that process suffers from a lack of
initiative in actually running reviews but I think that's
something that can be overcome).  It'd force the community to
make a yea or nay decision instead of just letting them languish
in the wiki.

BA