@property - take it behind the woodshed and shoot it?

Don don at nospam.com
Thu Jan 24 01:11:33 PST 2013

On Thursday, 24 January 2013 at 08:35:01 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
> This has turned into a monster. We've taken 2 or 3 wrong turns
> somewhere.

I agree, the cure seems to be ten times worse than the disease.
It's consumed far more resources than it is worth.

In my experience one of the main reasons that projects fail, is
that nobody had the courage and humility to say, "this idea is a
failure, we need to throw it away and do something completely
different".

> Perhaps we should revert to a simple set of rules.
>
> 1. Empty parens are optional. If there is an ambiguity with the
> return value taking (), the () go on the return value.

An example would make this easier to understand.