@property - take it behind the woodshed and shoot it?

mist none at none.none
Thu Jan 24 03:50:22 PST 2013

I am probably I minority here but I liked the most strict
-property version and it made a lot of sense to me. Rationale is
simple:
some().ufcs().chaining(); - this is just a minor syntax
inconvenience
anything; - this drives me crazy, there is no way to understand
if this a no-op statement variable of function call with some
side-effect
I'd really like to have all function types to be obliged to use
() and use property syntax only to those of property semantics
(no side-effect variable getter/setter)

But looking at other comments this does not seem popular :( Well,
I can only hope for something simple and non-revolutionary then.