D for scientific computing

Era Scarecrow rtcvb32 at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 24 10:37:13 PST 2013

On Thursday, 24 January 2013 at 10:21:47 UTC, deadalnix wrote:
> On Thursday, 24 January 2013 at 02:19:06 UTC, Era Scarecrow
> wrote:
>> And use nothrow when it's applicable; Found with a sudoku
>> solver how much nothrow was making an impact on the algorithm
>> speed.
>
> Do you know why? It shouldn't.

  As mentioned somewhere, with nothrow the compiler can drop
various checks and support for exceptions (assert/ensure don't
throw exceptions, they throw errors instead).

  How big this overhead is I'm not sure, but the speedup in my
code went from some 30 seconds down to 7 or so. But nothrow can't
be used everywhere.