@property - take it behind the woodshed and shoot it?

mist none at none.none
Thu Jan 24 12:58:21 PST 2013

On Thursday, 24 January 2013 at 20:52:10 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
> On 1/24/2013 5:42 AM, Jacob Carlborg wrote:
>> I agree with you but Walter is very afraid of breaking code.
>
> The history of what happens when D code breaks because of
> language changes is not a happy one.

<rage>Please. Go to http://wiki.dlang.org/Release_Process . Read
it. Answer the question "Hm, does having well-defined release
process with long-term support versions help with instability of
breaking changes?". And if answer is "no" then you probably
should have contributed your opinion there for a long time,
because it _should_ to.</rage>

Really, all this backwards-compatibility talk is a crap. There is
no way we can say current D design is final and solid and can be
polished without any breaking changes. We should not argue about
how bad breaking is. We should discus how to do those changes in
the least harmful way.