@property - take it behind the woodshed and shoot it?

mist none at none.none
Thu Jan 24 13:06:02 PST 2013

On Thursday, 24 January 2013 at 21:00:32 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu
wrote:
> On 1/24/13 3:58 PM, mist wrote:
>> Really, all this backwards-compatibility talk is a crap.
>
> There's just a lot of evidence that suggests the contrary.
> Clearly we don't want or like to be conservative, but
> apparently we need to.
>
> Andrei

Do you read and answer only to the first sentence? Can you
honestly say "D design is rock solid and correct, we will never
be required to make any backwards-incompatible change"?

If you check those evidences, it was never breaking code alone.
It was breaking code AND lack of any sane process that allows to
stick with acceptable release version for longer time. And I
suggest to fix the right thing, not freeze specs and hope all
problems will fade themselves.