@property - take it behind the woodshed and shoot it?

mist none at none.none
Thu Jan 24 13:14:00 PST 2013

On Thursday, 24 January 2013 at 21:00:49 UTC, Jonathan M Davis
wrote:
> Being able to swap out a public variable with a function
> without having to
> change any code using it is arguably the primary reasons that
> property
> functions exist in the first place. ...

Yes, but not just any function. Side-effect free function that
controls access to data. And Adam suggested it is fine to use
properties to add side-effects to data assignments which is
drastically different. I agree with all your words so it is
probably just misunderstanding.