PDF spec

FG home at fgda.pl
Thu Jan 24 13:46:55 PST 2013

On 2013-01-24 21:59, Philippe Sigaud wrote:
>>> I know that this is that standard layout/theme of Latex but I don't
>>> understand why links need to looks so horrible. A red or cyan square
>>> around the text.
>
>> Isn't this be configurable?
>
> Yes, it is. It's just the default for the hyperref package.

Yeah, the colorlinks option is much better - boxes are distracting and should be
restricted to their main purpose... marking which authors have died. ;)

Other suggestion: a bit smaller margins, so the code won't wrap as much, and
using footnotesize font in listings for same reason.

Now, tables - that's a PITA. I always end up in a cycle where I generate a PDF,
preview it, tweak the tables (adjust column sizes, print the whole table in a
small font, rotate the table or use a longtable), then generate the PDF again,
and so on. I wonder how you approach this problem. Hints inside the
documentation itself, perhaps?