Mobile app support?

Nick Sabalausky SeeWebsiteToContactMe at semitwist.com
Thu Jan 24 17:31:58 PST 2013

On Fri, 25 Jan 2013 00:24:31 +0100
"Andrew Pennebaker" <andrew.pennebaker at gmail.com> wrote:

> What's the state of Android, iOS, and Windows RT support for D?
> Wouldn't it be great if we could write cross-platform mobile apps
> in a single language?

Someone else will have to answer about the state of D on
Android/iOS/Win8Arm, as I don't know. My understanding it that it's
getting there, but not quite there yet. Someone's been working on
connecting D with ObjC. I don't know anymore details.

But if you just want "cross-platform mobile apps in a single language"
there is Marmalade <http://madewithmarmalade.com>. The downsides are
that it's neither free nor free, and you have to use C++, not D. And
last I looked it didn't yet support C++11 or Win8Arm, though I'm sure
it'll eventually get those.

Of course, I look forward do being able to do it all in D, and without
a non-free and non-free toolkit.