@property - take it behind the woodshed and shoot it?

deadalnix deadalnix at gmail.com
Thu Jan 24 18:44:11 PST 2013

On Thursday, 24 January 2013 at 18:05:25 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu
wrote:
> On 1/24/13 9:47 AM, Artur Skawina wrote:
>> Having ()-less function calls is just insane; if it isn't
>> obvious to you why,
>> you just haven't read enough code that (ab)uses them.
>
> You see, this is the kind of argument that I find very damaging
> to the conversation. It lacks any shred of material evidence,
> evokes emotion, manipulates the reader's opinion (framing them
> into incompetent/inexperienced if they disagree), and implies
> an appeal to authority. Please don't do that anymore.

Let me rephrase that in a proper way.

Functional style is very painful right now. Function you pass as
argument are executed implicitly, function as variable don't
behave like native ones, and with the new proposal, it add
confusion on the function returned.

It is kind of dumb that D do not promote functional style as it
has shown to solve many problems that arise right now.