@property - take it behind the woodshed and shoot it?

Jonathan M Davis jmdavisProg at gmx.com
Thu Jan 24 20:20:07 PST 2013

On Thursday, January 24, 2013 22:52:36 Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
> Again, the question needs asking: is it a given that we need to allow
> optional parentheses? Otherwise we'll keep on rehashing this over and
> over again.

I hate optional parentheses with a passion, but I think that it's quite clear
that too many people want them (including many who want @property) and that
too much code will break if we make the change. I think that we can reach a
consensus on how @property should function, but we'll never get a consensus
that optional parentheses should be done away with.

So, yes. I think that we can move forward with the assumption that optional
parens are here to stay (much as I don't personally like that).

- Jonathan M Davis