@property - take it behind the woodshed and shoot it?

eles eles at eles.com
Thu Jan 24 22:56:15 PST 2013

On Friday, 25 January 2013 at 06:54:15 UTC, eles wrote:
> On Friday, 25 January 2013 at 06:47:30 UTC, eles wrote:
>> On Friday, 25 January 2013 at 04:21:07 UTC, Jonathan M Davis
>> wrote:
>>> On Thursday, January 24, 2013 22:52:36 Andrei Alexandrescu
>>> wrote:

"Properties have many uses: they can validate data before
allowing a change; they can transparently expose data on a class
where that data is actually retrieved from some other source,
such as a database; they can take an action when data is changed,
such as raising an event, or changing the value of other fields."

I think that having *clear* properties in D is worthing.