@property - take it behind the woodshed and shoot it?

Artur Skawina art.08.09 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 24 23:12:30 PST 2013

> On 1/24/13 2:03 PM, Artur Skawina wrote:
>> Trying to make arguments you don't like go away and silencing the messenger
>> is your MO.
>
> Now that's what's called "ad hominem".

No, it's not - it's just stating the facts; this was not the first such incident.

>> Having said that, I'll elaborate on the sentence you quoted above. See for example
>> Timon's code [1] here: http://dpaste.dzfl.pl/baa538af . Spot the recursion in the
>> tree-walker.
>
> How about this: insert the parens and then demonstrate how the bug is easier to spot. Wasn't any easier for me.

Bug? In Timon's code? Impossible. :)

No, this is just about syntax. Some functions are not suitable for calling w/o '()',
and the choice needs to stay with the callee. But the distinction is "sane/insane"
for a reason - there's judgment, taste and common sense involved.
Trusting every programmer to get it right won't work, unfortunately.

artur